Monday, August 1, 2011

Searching for a Snake-Sitter


Who would not want to look after this cuddly creature?
Sadly, many people do not like the idea.
It is mostly due to her dietary requirements.
Since I have changed to feeding her rats
that are defrosted, previously-frozen,
no one in my immediate family
(with the exception of one or two nephews)
is really willing to take on the task.
True, my sister will undertake to do it for a couple of weeks,
but not for a long term trip.
Strange that feeding her live mice was less difficult
for my squeamish relatives.
(But the vet says that frozen food is much safer for her.)
So, instead of focusing on getting a house sitter for this fall,
I am focusing on getting a snake sitter
who will then live in the house.
(And if I can't find one, well, then, my poor brother
will just have to adopt a frozen-rat-eating snake
for a few months...)

No comments: