Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Few Lagoon Highlights


Going to Lagoon in July is hot.
And all the lines make everybody horribly thirsty.
I had planned ahead and packed a cooler full of cold drinks and sandwiches,
but they were in the car,
and sometimes we were just too thirsty to wait.
In the middle of the day, I got one bottle of water
($2.50 for a 20 oz bottle of water- aiee!)
and three straws-
and the kids slurped that thing flat in seconds.
(So I got another one so I could share...
the first time I was having too much fun with the photo op.)

We all have our favorite rides at Lagoon.
Here is an old favorite of mine-
I remember riding this 30 years ago-
the Paratrooper.
Griffin liked it,
but I'm not sure Ethan was enjoying himself...


All of us who tried the Wicked rollercoaster really loved it.
Griffin rode it six times.
If you enlarge the picture,
you can see his fire-red hair in the front row
(he's the guy with his hands in the air)...


And at the end of the day when we were all tired out
(and Griffin had gone back
to ride the Wicked rollercoaster one more time)
the rest of us sedately rode on the Carousel.
I remember riding on this on my fifth birthday!

1 comment:

D. Loon said...

Yay for Lagoon! And yay for cousins there!