Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Endings and Beginnings

In general, I am always happy to see February come to a close. It means spring is that much closer.
This February I am also pleased to see the conclusion of a project I started last October: the organizing and metadata entry for my entire digital photo collection. I had a lot of duplicates, but even weeding them out the total was over 30,000 images. So far. I plan to take a lot, lot more.
I have spent many an hour in the evening watching TV in the background while I sorted photographs on my laptop. It's become routine, soothing. I almost miss it, even though I am very grateful to have the project done- and all my photos burned on backup DVDs (very important to have backups, lots and lots of backups.)
My new project will be (re)starting my book manuscript in a serious, businesslike way. I expect that will keep me occupied for many months. In fact, I look forward to it.

No comments: